I can’t think of a single person who wouldn’t want to make a little extra cash in their spare time while at the same time having a bit of fun. Up until a few years ago ,the only way to earn extra cash was to participate in difficult and labor-intensive activities such as stuffing thousands of envelopes, standing out in the cold trying to encourage people to participate in market research, or knocking on doors attempting to sell goods or services.
Thankfully, since the dawn of the Internet things are a lot easier. I am still astonished by the sheer number of people who aren’t taking advantage of the hundreds of easy and fun ways of making money that are literally at their fingertips.
- Sign up on an online survey site. Find ones that offer vouchers or gift cards just for registering with them. Some offer you the chance to earn free rewards daily by visiting them regularly.
- Become a Leapforce at home agent. Leapforce is currently searching for bright, Internet savvy individuals to work from home. Agents are expected to conduct in depth Internet research and provide evaluations for global organisations. You will enjoy the flexibility of working from home, having no set hours, and receive a very competitive pay.
- Website owners will pay to watch real people use their site under natural conditions so they can determine whether their site is user-friendly. This gives them direct input on how real people will use their system. This process is called user (or usability) testing and companies are willing to pay for this service. As a user tester you will be expected to discover errors and suggest areas of improvement. There are several agencies (i.e. UserTesting.com) potential user-tester can join and you can expect to earn around $10 per assignment.
- Enter sweepstakes and competitions. Visiting popular giveaway blogs is one way to keep track of all available sweepstakes competitions and entries since these change on a daily basis. Some sites offer points and rewards to those who visit the site and play games or simply give feedback. And you never know you might just win a life-changing prize one day!
- Make sure you are taking full advantage of the loyalty schemes being offered by any retailer or supplier you regularly use. This includes supermarkets, gas stations, hotel chains and insurance firms. The points you earn will quickly add up to valuable goods or days out.
- For the very web-savvy why not become a virtual landlord by charging other retailers a monthly fee (or fee per transaction) for the opportunity to market their products on your site? Businesses are prepared to pay a premium for advertising on a website that is well cared for and well marketed.
- With a little practice you could earn extra money from writing blog posts. The best way to become involved in this area is to create a profile on a freelancing site to advertise your writing services.
- Photographs on the Internet are in really high demand especially if they look professional and are high-quality. There are several photography websites that will auction or sell your pictures to designers and website owners. It will help to specialize in a specific area and to load as many photos in this niche on your selling account. Sites like photobox gallery make this process quick and easy.
This article was written by Kathryn Thompson, a freelance writer, and mom to three daughters. Kathryn regularly enjoys participating in sweepstakes and competitions and recently won her first small cash prize – a very exciting moment!