It is a mother’s personal choice to breastfeed her baby or not. When I had my first child I knew I wanted to try breastfeeding. I had always heard that breast is best and wanted to give my child the best. Unfortunately, my son would never latch properly so I opted to pump with a Medela breast pump and supplement with formula. I figured some breast milk is better than none and breast milk is breast milk no matter the delivering device.
Here are several reasons why you should breastfeed if you can.
- BFing is doctor recommended
- Breast milk protects against infections and certain conditions/diseases
- Breastfeeding is FREE! Free is always good especially when you consider that a baby can use nearly 3000 diapers a year. You might as well save somewhere!
- Breastfeeding is very convenient…whip out a breast and dinner is served!
- Breast milk is always the perfect temperature so no need to waste electricity with a bottle warmer
- When you breastfeed you don’t have to wash/sterilize bottles and nipples
- Breastfeeding is great for bonding with your baby. There’s nothing like skin to skin contact with a creature that grew inside of you for 9 months!
- Breastfeeding doesn’t accumulate trash (cans, scoops, lids, ect.). Helping the earth is always a plus!
Look! They all do it! But remember, ultimately it is your choice and if you choose not to breastfeed or pump buying formula in bulk could possibly save you money too. Or perhaps you could try couponing to save on formula. Why did you choose the method you did? Are you happy with your choice?
Do you need some baby items? Enter to win some!