Apples are one of those fruits I buy year round. Well, at least I try to. There comes a point in the summer where I only buy a few because their price is outrageous. Good thing it is now Fall and I can go back to buying bags of apples at Sam's Club.
Since I do buy apples in bulk the last few often get extra ripe. The kids can only take so many apples. BUT I have found a way that they will keep on eating them – Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bites. Thank you to the blog Tune My Heart for the idea!!
These Pecan Cinnamon Bites taste just like a pecan cinnamon roll with bits of apple here and there. It's absolutely delicious! The apple in there makes it healthy, right?! We CAN pretend. Either way these make a delicious dessert, snack, or even breakfast the kids won't turn down! Just as good as my Caramel Pecan Pie or Apple Granola Streusel Muffins. Well, maybe better…I LOVE cinnamon rolls!!
Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bites
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 2 small apples cored and sliced
- 1 8oz can Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with a silicone baking mat (you could also use foil or parchment paper).
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar. Measure out the pecans. Core and slice the apples into thin pieces.
- Using a pastry brush evenly douse each triangle with melted butter.
- Heavenly coat each triangle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Top with pecans, maple syrup, and apple slices (making sure to start from the wider side of the triangle). Roll into crescents.
- After placing the crescents on the baking sheet douse the tops with butter and sprinkle any remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on the tops.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy! Goes great with vanilla ice cream if you are having these as a dessert!!