Note: This article contains affiliate links (hyperlinks, widgets, or through images), which means I receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will add value to my readers. Visit my disclosure page for more information.
This chowder post was created in partnership with Amercook. I was not financially compensated for this post but did receive a sample for review purposes. As always, all opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Chowder is a thick, rich, and chunky soup that made with a white base. Typically made with seafood, but now vegetables, like corn or potato, and chicken or ham are also popular.
No matter which kind of creamy soup you’re in the mood for, we have you covered! In our delicious roundup, you’ll find everything from your seafood favorites to vegetarian options.
There are slow cooker recipes and some that can be thrown together on the stovetop in thirty minutes. Need a gluten-free or dairy-free options? Check the list below; there’s something on there for you too!
1. Cheesy Chicken Chowder – Cheesy Chicken Chowder is hearty and delicious! This creamy soup features chicken, potatoes, carrots, and lots of cheese. It’s the perfect comfort food to enjoy on a cold day.
2. Chicken Potato Chowder – This chicken potato chowder is great for using up leftover grilled chicken breasts. It is easy to make and super tasty thanks to the added bacon.
3. Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder – This low carb Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder is deliciously rich and flavorful.
4. Roasted Cauliflower, Potato, and Corn Chowder – This vegetarian cheesy cauliflower soup recipe is straight-up comfort food in a bowl. Serve with a salad and a baguette for a complete meal.
5. Potato & Summer Squash Chowder – Need a crazy good, cozy, comfy fall recipe? Try this creamy, delicious dish, and don’t forget the (optional) bacon on top!
6. Chipotle Sweet Potato Chowder – This has a wonderful flavor combination of smoky chipotle and sweet potato. It has some heat, but it’s good and flavorful heat.
7. Easy Cauliflower Chowder – If you’re trying to steer clear of potatoes, this yummy cauliflower dish will hit the spot! It’s creamy, savory, and will warm you up during those chilly nights.
8. Loaded Potato Leek Chowder – This is potato soup bumped up and combined with leeks and several other vegetables. Creamy, warm, filling, and healthy – your family will beg you to make this for them, and the whole house will smell wonderful as it cooks.
9. Instant Pot Corn Chowder With Sweet Potato – This Instant Pot meal is a quick, easy and tasty gluten-free soup recipe packed with sweet corn, sweet potato & smoked paprika. You can serve this one warm or cold.
10. Black Bean Corn Chowder – This black bean corn recipe is perfect for cold weather. It’s a great way to use up leftover corn cobs
11. Corn Chowder – In less than an hour from start to finish, you can have this recipe on the table! It’s great for a family meal on a busy weeknight.
12. Irish Potato Chowder – Try a steaming bowl of rich, creamy potato soup that uses real ingredients: potatoes, butter, milk, vegetables, and herbs.
13. Dairy-Free Corn Potato Chowder – Dairy-free? No problem! This tasty and hearty dish has fresh corn, potatoes, and veggies, but no dairy!
14. Clam and Corn Chowder – Switch up your typical corn clam recipe by adding in some corn. It adds another taste to make it unique.
15. Irish Fish Chowder – Irish fish is a delicious mix of smoked and fresh fish in a light, gently creamy broth. It’s full of flavor and easy to make.
16. Salmon Chowder – It’s creamy and rich, just like the traditional dish, and it has additions of sauteed veggies (onion, celery, carrot, green bell pepper, and corn). It’s packed with plenty of cooked salmon chunks too.
17. One-Pot Shrimp & Corn Potato Chowder – If you have 30 minutes, you can make this yummy soup ready to serve the family. Oh, and you’ll only dirty one pot!
18. Nova Scotia Seafood Chowder – All the deliciousness of a restaurant seafood classics, but lighter!
19. Potato, Bacon, and Lobster Chowder – Potato, Bacon, and Lobster is the perfect way to beat the winter blues. This savory and comforting soup recipe is ideal for a fancy or romantic dinner.
20. Crawfish Chowder with Bacon & Potatoes – A creamy, thick, hearty crawfish dish made with bacon, potatoes, and onions. This traditional soup can be made quickly and feed a crowd easily.
21. Low Carb Clam Chowder – This easy, gluten-free, low carb clam recipe is creamy and healthy at the same time. Ready in just 15 minutes, with only five ingredients.
22. Roasted Poblano Corn Potato Chowder with Bacon and Gouda – This creamy soup with smoky roasted Poblano peppers, sweet corn, buttery Yukon gold potatoes, smoky bacon, and Gouda cheese needs to be your go-to this fall and winter!
23. Turkey Corn Chowder – One pot and 30 minutes are all you will need to make this delicious and hearty, quick-cooking soup, loaded with turkey and corn.
24. Ham Chowder – This ham dish will be a hit with anyone that likes ham and cheese. It’s a hearty gluten-free soup!
25. Creamy Potato and Corned Beef Chowder – This Creamy Potato and Corned Beef recipe is such a tasty way to use up leftover corned beef!
This is the perfect sized saucepan for two people. No need to dirty up more dishes than you have to.
Everything cooks so evenly, which is a must when cooking creamy soups. I hate when you get that nasty burned soup gunk on the bottom of other pots.
Plus, it’s pretty light and even has an ergonomic design. I love that it can also be used in the oven too!
Have a bigger family? This shallow pot would suit you well! It features everything mentioned above but can hold just a bit more of your yummy goodness.
Both of these Amercook cookware pots are also dishwasher safe, but I prefer to wash them by hand. Honestly, these are now the nicest pots we own. They both came with two oven mitts and were packaged very nicely.
You can tell just by looking at them that they are high-quality pieces and work even better.
If you are in the market for new cookware, you can’t go wrong with Amercook. Nice price too!
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.