I received this product for free from Moms Meet to use and post my honest opinions. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
I love berries and so do my kids. Amazingly, there isn't a berry these normally picky guys don't like. They love berries for breakfast, in a dessert, or even in a drink. I know summer and berry season is long gone, but who says you can't have an amazing berry ice cream dessert in October? Let's. Be. BOLD.
I know you are probably thinking, “Semifreddo? What the heck is that?” Well, in Italian semifreddo means half cold. While this dessert is definitely all cold in my book it's texture is a marriage between ice cream and frozen mousse. Just think of it as a fancy, delicious ice cream cake and eat it up. I lovvve it!
To make my Black Cherry Semifreddo I didn't just use any ice cream, I used ARCTIC ZERO Fit Frozen Desserts Cherry Chocolate Chunk. I figured there was no reason to stuff this baby full of unneeded calories. Trust me you won't even know the difference!
However, ARCTIC ZERO Fit Frozen Desserts IS different than most ice creams. One of the biggies is that it is lactose-free and is naturally sweetened with monk fruit. My kids couldn't even tell the difference. To them, it was just creamy, delicious ice cream! Who knew getting kids to eat healthily could be so easy?
They would have never guessed they were eating something that is low fat/fat-free AND contains a good dose of healthy protein and fiber per serving. On it's worst day, you could eat an entire pint of ARCTIC ZERO Fit Frozen Desserts and only consume 300 calories. That is AMAZING!
To get a perfect creamy texture, be sure to microwave each pint for 30 seconds or let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Otherwise, you won't be able to scoop it. These guys are rock solid. The extra effort is worth every penny, though!
I think ARCTIC ZERO Fit Frozen Desserts are great for EVERYONE. For people that need foods that are low in sugar and fat. People that need lactose, gluten, or GMO-free products. It's even kosher too!
So are you ready to try it? ARCTIC ZERO Fit Frozen Desserts Pints are available at select Target stores as well as places like Albertsons, Kroger, Publix, Sprouts Farmers Market, Safeway, Walmart and Whole Foods Market. It's also online at amazon.com and arcticzero.com.
Grab a pint and try out my Black Cherry Semifreddo. You'll be glad you did!
Black Cherry Semifreddo
Black Cherry Semifreddo
- 4 cups fresh black cherries divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pt cherry ice cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups cherries, water, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour mixture through a mesh strainer into a bowl, making sure to press down on the solids while doing so. Discard the solids and let sauce cool to room temperature. Reserve 1/2 cup cherry sauce for later.
- Thaw the pint of cherry ice cream at room temperature for about 20 minutes. In a large bowl, stir together the cherry sauce and partially thawed ice cream, making sure to leave a few large chunks of frozen ice cream.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks and gently fold into cherry mixture. Swirl the mixture with a knife and pour into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into thick slices and serve with the reserved sauce and remaining cup of cherries. Enjoy!