If you’ve read some of my previous recipes you will know I like to sneak in healthy things into my kid’s food every now and then. They can always use more nutrients and vitamins. They are kids after all and don’t always have the best palate. That’s why I was so happy to be introduced to MegaFood Kids by Moms Meet.
MegaFood Kids Nutrient Booster Powders are a great way to get your kids some extra vitamins and minerals to help their growth and development. These nifty powders can be slipped into almost anything or be mixed with 6-8 ounces of their favorite fluid. Think juice or smoothies. I think something with acid helps get rid of some of that “healthy” taste.
My son and I did a taste tested each variety with some applesauce. The MegaFood Kids Daily B-Centered won hands down! The applesauce tasted almost normal with it whereas the other two were a toss up. I think the cat agrees!
These nutritional powders are very easy to digest and didn’t hurt anyone’s tummy. Unlike some vitamins that are almost like eating candy, MegaFood Kids contains NO sugars, sweeteners, flavorings, colorings or preservatives.
While we may be sneaking healthy things into our kid’s food at least we aren’t tricking them into thinking their vitamins are gummy bears. We have to pick our battles! I love how MegaFood Kids can go into anything like this Blueberry Bread with Lemon Glaze I made.
To make my Blueberry Bread with Lemon Glaze I used a Professional Grade Premium Non-Stick Muffin & Loaf Pan Set. This loaf pan is very high quality and durable. It withstood the dishwasher like a charm even though its non-stick surface left it pretty clean already. The bread just slid on out when it was time with no sticking! My bread was evenly baked and well…AMAZING!
Disclosure: I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.
Blueberry Bread with Lemon Glaze
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour + 1 tbsp divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 scoop MegaFood Kids optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 8 x 4 loaf pan. I used the all in one baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together salt, flour, and baking powder. In another medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and oil. Whisk well. Slowly add the dry ingridents to the wet mixture making sure to throughly combine.
- In a small bowl, toss blueberries with 1 tbsp flour. Fold blueberries into batter and pour batter into pan. Bake 60-70 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- While the loaf is cooling combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, butter, and zest to make the glaze. Once the loaf is cooled pour over loaf. Let glaze harden and then serve. Enjoy!