I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.
If I asked you what are some typical kid foods you'd probably say things like hot dogs, mac and cheese, and PB & J sandwiches. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are still a favorite of mine, even after all these years. If I am craving a sweet but am trying to cut back on things like ice cream peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are one of my go tos. It fills that craving in a much healthier way, I think.
When I was a kid peanut butter was the only nut butter you consistently heard about. If others, like cashew or almond butter, existed they weren't advertised at all. I know I never heard about them but these days that's changed.
Today people are more health conscious which means they look for organic and non-GMO foods. This is where companies like Once Again shine. Once Again is healthy food pioneer that supports small organic farms. Since 1976, they have been concerned about protecting the environment and helping those in need, all while providing millions of pounds of nut and seed butters to the public.
Many of their products are also vegan, kosher, paleo, and gluten-free allowing people even with special diets to enjoy them as well.
Thanks to Moms Meet and Once Again I was lucky enough to try some of their amazing nut and seed butters. Being a peanut butter lover, that was by far my favorite of the bunch. Maybe it's because Once Again uses organic peanuts that are dry roasted and milled, but it was extra delicious. I just knew this was the one I was going to have to create a recipe for.
My kids and I did do a taste test with all of the butters and we ranked them as follows:
- Once Again Peanut Butter
- Once Again Almond Butter
- Once Again Sunflower Seed Butter
- Once Again Cashew Butter
We just weren't a fan of the cashew butter at all. It's definitely something we would not eat plain, however, I could totally see it incorporated into a Chinese dish in some sort of sauce. I love that Once Again offers a ton of recipes that you can use their nut butters in if you are at loss as to what to make with them.
There's so much you can make besides just desserts, however, I totally HAD to make a dessert with their amazing peanut butter. It was a must!
I decided to make Peanut Butter Turtle Cookies. Turtles are typically candies featuring chocolate, pecans, and caramel. A totally heavenly combination! The flavors just go perfectly together but I was thinking another flavor that's amazing is peanut butter. It would totally pair flavor wise with these other guys. Boy, was I right!
Peanut Butter Turtle Cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1.5 cups peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour sifted
- 24 pecan halves
- 24 chocolate covered caramels
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel candies
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly stir dry mixture into wet mixture. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1" balls (I used a 1 tbsp cookie scoop). Place cookie balls a couple inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Slightly flatten each cookie ball with a fork in a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Add one chocolate covered caramel to the center of each cookie. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Push a pecan half onto the chocolate covered candy squishing it down. Do this do all the candies.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 15-second increments; stirring in between until smooth. Do the same for the caramel and milk.
- Drizzle cookies with caramel and chocolate using a fork. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until caramel and chocolate harden. Enjoy!
These cookies have got it all, I’d say. I’m a big fan of peanut butter and caramel, so I know I’d like these.
Home Jobs By Mom
These cookies are a true treat
Oh wow, yes please!! This cookie combination is absolutely incredible, I love both buckeyes and turtles! Put them together and I am already drooling just looking at them lol. I definitely can’t wait to make these, thank you so much for sharing the recipe!
Home Jobs By Mom
These were awesome cookies!! Can’t go wrong 🙂
OM…. :O those look amazing! Thanks for the recipe!
Home Jobs By Mom
Thanks! The kiddos sure love these cookies 🙂
These look fantastic! I will have to hide them or my family will eat them all in one day.
Right??? I know how that goes. I may have hid one or two myself! ha!
This looks delicious. This would be my weakness I would love to try this recipe.
They were definitely a weakness for me. They didn’t last long at our house!
THese look delicious.
They’re addicting, I assure you. It was hard to stop!
Hmm this looks like the perfect snack !
They definitely hit the spot, that’s for sure!