Note: This article contains affiliate links (hyperlinks, widgets, or through images), which means I receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will add value to my readers. Visit my disclosure page for more information.
So you are going to your friend’s baby shower, and you don’t know what to bring. If you know they are formula feeding, a healthy organic formula might be an option to bring to the baby shower.
But, if you feel like being crafty — how about creating and designing a diaper cake? Not just any old three-tier diaper cake but a Tractor diaper cake craft.
You might think it’s too hard, but it won’t be once you are done with this tutorial and videos.Do you need easy diaper cake instructions to create an amazing yet affordable diaper cake? Check out this Tractor Diaper Cake Craft!Click To Tweet
Creating a Tractor Diaper Cake
First things first, you need to find out what kind of theme your friend’s baby shower will have. Find out if it’s a monkey theme, pink and brown theme, Mickey Mouse, etc. Whatever it is, find out asap!
Once you know what the theme is, you are going to need some supplies. You can get everything below at your local dollar store, BABIES R US store, or our favorite place Amazon:
Tractor Diaper Cake Supplies
- One plush toy; make sure it’s theme-specific. If they are having an elephant baby shower, then get a small baby elephant plush doll.
- One paper towel tube
- Two cotton balls
- One black sharpie marker
- One pacifier
- Three rubber bands
- One glue gun or strong double-sided tape
- Two big pins
- 1 1/2 inch satin ribbon spool; if possible, try to make it theme-specific.
- One dishwasher basket
- One receiving blanket; try to make it theme-related. If they are throwing a ladybug shower, then get a ladybug print receiving blanket.
- 75 diapers for newborns.
Okay, now that you got all the supplies, it’s time to get to work on the wheels. Some people don’t even want to attempt this project because they think the wheels look too complicated. Don’t worry, though — it’s really easy if you use a few kitchen items!
You need one large saute pan and 30 diapers to make two big wheels. Plus, a medium pan and 15 diapers to make a medium-sized wheel.
The technique here is pretty simple. Just line up the diapers into the saute pan and continue to do so until they come full circle, then you snap on a rubber band. Take it out of the saute pan for decorating.
Here are two videos showing you how it’s done:
How to Make a Medium Wheel
How to Make a Big Wheel
After you got your wheels done, it’s time to apply your satin ribbons. You could use a glue gun or double-sided tape.
I would stick (no pun intended) with the glue gun because you don’t ever have to worry about it becoming undone once you apply it.
How to Decorate Your Wheel with a Glue Gun
Now that you got the challenging parts done. It’s all easy sailing from here on out:
- Wrap your basket with the receiving blanket.
- Attach it with your big pin.
- Attach the two big wheels with the paper towel tube.
- Rest one end of the tractor chassis on the tube (between the big wheels).
- Rest the other end of the tractor chassis on the Mid-sized wheel.
- Place the pen behind the chassis, so it looks like an exhaust.
- Place the theme-related plush doll on top of the chassis, towards the mid-sized wheel.
- Put the pacifier in front of the plush doll as if it were a steering wheel.
Here is How To Make A John Deere Tractor Diaper Cake
That’s it. You are all done! You got a beautiful tractor diaper cake for your friend’s baby shower.
If you liked this tutorial, please share it and tweet it or visit us anytime.
Have you ever made a diaper cake?
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.