It's spring time and that means the Girl Scouts are camping out at every store entrance enticing you to buy their delicious cookies. I've always been a Caramel deLites fan myself. These days they call them Samoas but they are exactly the same thing, just a different name. I can literally eat a box of these in one sitting if I don't watch myself. I love the caramel coconut chocolate mixture. It's just heavenly.
It's sad just getting this deliciousness one time of year, though. Well, now you can get that same great combination of flavors as the Caramel deLites cookies, but in pie form! Mini pies, because they're cuter!!
To measure out my ingredients in this recipe I used Deshef Stainless Steel Measuring Cups. They nest within each other for easy storage and are dishwasher safe. I love that each cup has additional measurements inside and outside just in case your dedicated cup is dirty.
It never fails, let's say I need a 1/2 of whatever, that cup will end up being in the dishwasher washing. With these measuring cups, I can easily measure the same amount using the 1 cup since it also has tick marks for 1/2 cup. It's a time saver! These measuring cups are very high quality and just plain gorgeous. I love having them in my kitchen!
To make these mini pies I used four mini springform pans that measure 4 by 1 3/4-inch. You could also transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie pan and keep all the same measurements!
These Caramel DeLites Mini Pies will quench your Girl Scout cookie cravings in no time. The best part is you can make them any time of year!
Caramel Delight Mini Pies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut loose
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk you won't use all of it
- 4 ounces caramel sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350F and liberally spray your mini pie pans with cooking spray. I used four mini springform pans that measure 4 by 1 3/4-inch.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cooled melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add in flour, salt, and mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the 4 mini pans, smoothing the tops with a spatula. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges are firm.
- Remove from the oven and evenly sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips between the 4 mini pans. Do the same for the coconut, condensed milk, and caramel. You won't use all of the condensed milk, just use enough to coat each pie.
- Return pies to the oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the center has dried out and the coconut is nicely golden.
- Cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, melt the 3/4 chocolate chips and use a piping bag or ziplock bag with a cut corner to drizzle on chocolate stripes.
- Let pies cool for at least several hours before serving. I stored mine in the fridge overnight to make sure everything set nicely before cutting. Enjoy!
Adapted from Averie Cooks
What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?
Those are my favorite GS cookies so I must try this. Looks so good!
Home Jobs By Mom
They are my absolute favorite girl scout cookies too!
I’m snowed in today and TOALLY making these! YUM!
These look so delicious! I love that they are mini sized so you can not eat too much if you make a big pie lol.
Very true! Plus it’s pretty rich so even the mini pies can last a while too 🙂
I love the cookies, and this pie is an absolute winner in my book! Yum I can’t wait to make them and only hope I don’t eat them all before its time to share!!
Omg if these aren’t the definition of food porn then I don’t know what is!!!! So need to make these!
Samoas are my husband’s favorite Girl Scout cookie. He would flip if I made this! HAha
Can I say how much I love coconut! This dessert is calling my name. I’m not a huge chocolate fan, so I would probably leave that out, but everything else makes this dessert look divine!
Oh my goodness. I need these in my life! They look absolutely to die for. And samoas are my favorite girl scout cookie ever!
samoas are my favorite, too. and I have yet to see any girl scouts. what the heck! maybe it’s for the best… lol. these looks uper yummy, btw.
Oh these look amazing! I love anything caramel and so does the kids so if I make these, I can guarantee that they will only last about 10 minutes before they’re all gone.
I have a mini dessert obsession. They’re fun to make and can be very decorative for a tablescape and foodie photo shoots.
I totally agree. Mini desserts are great for decorating a table. They are just so darn cute!
tiaras and tantrums
I actually do not like girl scout cookie s- but this home made version looks amazing! Super simple recipe too
Caramel, chocolate, coconut… how the heck could you NOT love these. What a fantastic recipe. thanks for sharing.
Ana De- Jesus
Your telling me! I have never seen a pie look so good as it does here I love caramel!
Oh my gosh, I’m pretty sure my husband would lose his mind if I made these. Those are his favorite Girl Scout cookie! I need to bookmark this one for a special occasion for sure!
Um, yum! Hand me a fork asap and let me dig into this deliciousness!! The Samoa is a fave cookie of mine too – so this mini pie is calling my name! I’m a huge fan of coconut, so this seals the dessert deal!
Karen | GlamKaren.com
They are the best cookies right? I just love them and this pie is no different. Yum!
Robin Masshole Mommy
Yasss! I definitely need to try these. Wow, they sound super yum!
I love caramel and pies so this sounds like a perfect recipe to try! Thank you for sharing!
Hi Krystle, holy cow these look scrumptious! 🙂 didn’t realize they had coconut in them too. That just puts them over the top .
They are heavenly!! Very similar to the Girl Scout cookie. You should give them a try Susan 🙂