This article contains affiliate links which means we receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Visit our disclosure page for more information.
It’s spring time and that means the Girl Scouts are camping out at every store entrance enticing you to buy their delicious cookies. I’ve always been a Caramel deLites fan myself. These days they call them Samoas but they are exactly the same thing, just a different name. I can literally eat a box of these in one sitting if I don’t watch myself. I love the caramel coconut chocolate mixture. It’s just heavenly.
It’s sad just getting this deliciousness one time of year, though. Well, now you can get that same great combination of flavors as the Caramel deLites cookies, but in pie form! Mini pies, because they’re cuter!!
To measure out my ingredients in this recipe I used Deshef Stainless Steel Measuring Cups. They nest within each other for easy storage and are dishwasher safe. I love that each cup has additional measurements inside and outside just in case your dedicated cup is dirty.
It never fails, let’s say I need a 1/2 of whatever, that cup will end up being in the dishwasher washing. With these measuring cups, I can easily measure the same amount using the 1 cup since it also has tick marks for 1/2 cup. It’s a time saver! These measuring cups are very high quality and just plain gorgeous. I love having them in my kitchen!
To make these mini pies I used four mini springform pans that measure 4 by 1 3/4-inch. You could also transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie pan and keep all the same measurements!
These Caramel DeLites Mini Pies will quench your Girl Scout cookie cravings in no time. The best part is you can make them any time of year!
Caramel Delight Mini Pies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut loose
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk you won't use all of it
- 4 ounces caramel sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350F and liberally spray your mini pie pans with cooking spray. I used four mini springform pans that measure 4 by 1 3/4-inch.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cooled melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add in flour, salt, and mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the 4 mini pans, smoothing the tops with a spatula. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges are firm.
- Remove from the oven and evenly sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips between the 4 mini pans. Do the same for the coconut, condensed milk, and caramel. You won't use all of the condensed milk, just use enough to coat each pie.
- Return pies to the oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the center has dried out and the coconut is nicely golden.
- Cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, melt the 3/4 chocolate chips and use a piping bag or ziplock bag with a cut corner to drizzle on chocolate stripes.
- Let pies cool for at least several hours before serving. I stored mine in the fridge overnight to make sure everything set nicely before cutting. Enjoy!
Adapted from Averie Cooks
What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.