I've been in a pecan mood here lately with all the talk of Collin Street Bakery‘s Deep Dish Pecan Pie last week and my Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bites I made the other week. It has had me hankering for pecan pie and having an abundance of pecans on hand I am in luck.
While I don't have everything to whip up a pecan pie today I do have everything for my scrumptious Caramel Pecan Pie Bars. Rather than making a crust like Betty Crocker's Pecan Pie Bars we do the simple thing and thank Pillsbury. It's ingenious really, using Pillsbury Crescents dough for the crust. I almost always have some of that on hand.
To make my Caramel Pecan Pie Bars I pretty much just follow the recipe to my Caramel Pecan Pie and just adjust the quantity of the ingredients to compensate for the 9 x 13 baking dish with a thin crust. It turns out wonderful and you can eat it on the go! No fork needed!!
Caramel Pecan Pie Bars
- can Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls 8 oz
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Flavored Topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, completely covering all sides of the dish.
- Unroll dough into two large triangles, placing at the bottom of the baking pan. Evenly press dough over the entire bottom of the pan and about 1/2 inch up the sides. Make sure all precut dough lines are firmly sealed shut. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except the pecans in a bowl, making sure it is thoroughly mixed. Fold in pecans and spread over the partially baked dough.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle of a bar and crust is golden. Cool completely and cut into bars. Enjoy!
What's your favorite kind of pie?