This article contains affiliate links which means we receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Visit our disclosure page for more information.
I don’t know about you but I have way too many small kitchen appliances for the size of my kitchen. There’s so many that I’ve had to start donating the ones that never get used get some real estate back in my pantry and cabinets. Getting the kitchen holiday ready is quite a task!
However, a blender and food processor are kitchen staples. They won’t be going anywhere! Thankfully, Oster makes the Oster Pro® 1200 Plus Food Processor. Yes, a two in one baby! It comes with a 8-cup blender BPA-free TRITAN™ AND a 5-cup food processing bowl.
It features seven speeds, and extra wide 3.5” blade system, and a compact footprint of only 7” x 7” x 14”. With 1200 power watts, it can chop, dice, slice, grind, crush, and cover all your smoothie needs as well.
I can tell you already love this appliance way more than my old ones. It takes up less room and is just as efficient. Even more so. The 6-cup blender glass jar has a nice tight lid to help prevent splatters which my old one could barely do. It has a great seal! AND power!! It did an amazing job pulsing and pureeing this cream of broccoli soup.
This cream of broccoli soup is perfect. Creamy but with chunks. I like to have chunks in my soup, otherwise, I might as well be eating baby food.
Cream of Broccoli Soup brings back memories of my childhood. I was the weird child that loved broccoli when most kids snub their nose at it like mine do. It’s still a favorite of mine to this day!
Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 3.5 cups chicken broth
- 10 cups broccoli chopped florets and stems
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 celery rib
- 1 whole carrot
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium stock pot. Saute carrot, onion, and celery until the onions become tender. Add broccoli and broth. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Pour some of the mixture into a blender until it's half full. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel to catch splatters. Pulse a few times before pureeing until smooth. Add mixture back to pot and stir.
- While the broccoli mixture is continuing to simmer. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, cream, and flour until smooth. In a small pot, over medium heat melt the remaining butter. Slowly whisk in the milk mixture. Continue to stir until thick. Add to broccoli mixture.
- Stir in cheese and season to taste. Enjoy!
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.