Earth Day is all about helping the environment. It's great to have kids recycling more, garden, and just plain ole doing what they can for our precious planet. Earth in a Jar is a great reminder for kids that we should be helping our planet all year long not just one special day. Plus it's fun to make and look at! There's also a good chance you already have all the ingredients in your house to make this craft right now!!
- blue tempera paint
- green tempera paint
- cotton balls
- glass jar
- glitter (opptional)
- Fill glass jar 1/3 of the way with water. Add some blue paint and shake. You can also add glitter at this point if you wish. We added some glitter paint markers that were getting old to ours.
- Add stretched out cotton to the water mixture and press down with a spoon.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 but with green paint.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 with blue paint.
- Paint the jar of the lid blue if you wish. We did to cover up a sticker that wouldn't come off of ours.
My son now wants to take his Earth in a Jar to school to show his teacher. I'm sure she will love it!
How do you celebrate Earth Day?