Easy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
For Christmas, we did a finger food spread instead of having a traditional sit-down dinner. A potluck of sorts too since everyone contributed a couple things each. This way of doing a Christmas celebration is 5000 times easier for the host and everyone involved. It's way more casual too and family friendly. You don't have to worry about spending hours hovering over the stove or being paranoid that little Jimmy is going to pull down your fancy tablecloth off the table.
You just spend a little time before everyone arrives prepping the appetizers and then once they are there, you can mingle too. What a concept for a cook! Most of the time with sit-down dinner the cook is forever stuck in the kitchen, but not with this idea!
For our finger food spread, I made a few things including an Easy Stuffed Mushroom Appetizer that everyone adored. They are little bites of heaven if you ask me.
Chopping The Mushrooms
To chop up the baby bella mushroom stems and green onion I used a Native Spring Food Chopper. It was super easy to pop the mushrooms stems in and get chopping away. It minced them into perfect size pieces for my filling. I had a little trouble closing the three pieces together at first but once you know what you're doing it's really easy.
I do wish you could insert the food from the top instead of having to flip it over to the bottom and then reflip it to chop. It is quite a balancing act. At the end of the day, I just popped this baby (disassembled) into the dishwasher for cleaning. It would be a great product for camping when you have no electricity!
Crab or No Crab?
These Easy Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers can be made with crab or no crab. It's your choice. They taste amazing either way!
In the batch, I added crab to even my son devoured them. He wasn't a fan of the no crab ones but apparently crab made the difference for him.
These stuffed mushrooms even taste amazing reheated. In fact, I just stuffed my face with some! You can go wrong with this appetizer if you are a mushroom fan.
Easy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 green onion minced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 6 oz crab meat optional
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms, dry, and carefully break off stems. Place stems in a food chopper or cut by hand until extremely fine. Do the same for the green onion. Place mushroom caps in a mini muffin pan; one per cup.
- Over medium heat, heat the oil in a large pan. Add green onion, mushroom stems, crab meat, and garlic. Stir and cook until the moisture has disappeared. Add in pepper, onion powder, and cayenne. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat and set aside until cool.
- In a small bowl, add cooled mushroom mixture, cream cheese, and parmesan. Mix well until smooth. Use a small spoon or piping bag to fill mushroom caps. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with extra parmesan and parsley if desired. Enjoy!