This article contains affiliate links which means we receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Visit our disclosure page for more information.
This How to Catch a Leprechaun post was created in partnership with Sourcebooks. I was not financially compensated for this post but did receive a sample for review purposes. As always, all opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me! #ad #HowToCatchALeprechaun
It’s time to bring out the green, gold, and rainbows. That’s right — St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and that means it’s time for the kiddos to catch themselves a cute sneaky little leprechaun.
People have been trying to catch these mischievous creatures for hundreds of years but they seem to get out of any trap thrown at them.
Do you know how How to Catch a Leprechaun?
Save your house from being turned upside down and catch one of these clever creatures with this Easy Shoe Box Leprechaun Trap.
It’s an easy and fun St. Patrick’s Day craft your kids will have a blast making!
What You Need
- shoe box with a removable lid
- wooden stick
- clear string
- green spray paint
- gold coins
- rainbow stickers
- small “pot of gold”
Steps to Make This Easy Shoe Box Leprechaun Trap
1. Spray paint an old shoebox and it’s lid green. If you have some green craft paint laying around, go ahead and use that, and let your kids go to town. Let dry completely.
2. Decorate the box with fun rainbow stickers.
2. Attach clear string to a small “pot of gold” and the other end to a wooden stick. You can purchase these kettles at most stores in their St. Patrick’s Day section. Or, check out a craft or party supply store since these are often used as party favors.
For a more eco-friendly route and extra bonding time, you could also make your own ‘pot of gold’ using an old soda bottle!
3. Place moss in the shoebox lid. Using the ‘pot of gold’ wooden stick, prop open the shoebox to make a trap. Simple, cute, and effective!
Just in case, your leprechaun evades your trap, let your kids know they aren’t alone by reading the book
How to Catch a Leprechaun.
It’s a super cute story with bright colorful pictures that will build up your kiddos excitement that maybe this is the year they catch a leprechaun.
Are you feeling lucky?
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.