Note: This article contains affiliate links (hyperlinks, widgets, or through images), which means I receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will add value to my readers. Visit my disclosure page for more information.
Do you like bringing joy to others? Did you know that the easiest, quickest, and cheapest way to bring joy to others is with a simple smile? Think about the last time that a stranger smiled at you. What happened? Did you smile back? Did your mood tend to get just a little bit better? Do you feel a little bit better about yourself knowing that a stranger noticed you and took the time to smile warmly at you? Did those positive feelings lead to a more positive day? It’s not unlikely. Enhancing your smile can do that.
Many people, regardless of shape, size, color, social, or economic status, have one subconscious need in common. That need is for self-esteem. We need to feel valued. We need to feel important. These are things we all deserve. Taking the time to smile at someone today might give their self-esteem the boost that they need.
The ability to confidently smile at others is a privilege that should not be taken lightly because, for some, smiling at others is not always easy. When we feel self-conscious about our smile, smiling at others can be difficult. As such, we might sometimes go for dental treatments to brighten our smiles.
While it is important to note that our value is not in our looks, it is also worth noting that there are things that we can do to fix certain things that we feel self-conscious about. If you are self-conscious about your smile, there is something you can do about it. Enhancing your smile can boost confidence in ways that you never expected and, in the end, will not only affect your self-esteem but the self-esteem of others as well.
Boost Confidence With A Great Smile
Would you like to learn how enhancing your smile can boost confidence? You will see soon! First, let’s talk about why we might want to improve our smile.
Why Enhance Your Smile?
Deciding to enhance your smile is 100% up to you. I do think though that if you want to improve your smile, then you should go for it!
We all have our reasons for making this decision, but most of us who feel self-conscious about our smile feel this way through no fault of our own. Maybe we were born with teeth that are not aligned, Hypodontia (missing teeth), or are dealing with gaps in our teeth that make us feel uncomfortable.
You could just be a coffee addict that has to have a cup twenty times a day and have horribly stained your teeth.
The fact is, whatever your reason may be, you have every right to improve your smile in any way you see fit.
How Enhancing Your Smile Can Boost Your Confidence
- Did you know that most people believe that a good smile will make you more appealing to the opposite sex? According to a study done by the AACD, the number of people to feel this way is over 95% of those surveyed. Simply feeling like you are more attractive will often boost your confidence.
- Most people also believe that a great smile will improve their chances of a job offer, promotion, or other professional success. This was proven in another survey done by the AACD. If you feel more confident in your professional life, it will help to improve other aspects of your life.
- A confident smile directed at co-workers can promote cooperation in the workplace. Cooperation within an organization is imperative, and the ability to promote it is one of the most important leadership qualities in business.
- Low self-esteem makes relationships very difficult. If you are self-conscious of your smile, you may struggle with insecurities or jealousy, and that will always affect relationships negatively. When you feel better about yourself, your relationships will thrive. When your relationships thrive, your confidence will be boosted.
- Remember what we said earlier about smiling to others? When you feel confident enough to smile brightly at others, it will come back to you in positive energy and improved confidence.
- The ability to smile confidently at others helps in a public speaking environment, which can help in many situations, both professionally and personally.
- You will no longer have the nagging desire to cover your mouth when you smile or talk, which in itself is a public expression of insecurity.
I know we have talked a lot about it, but smiling really does feel good. It’s science!
The action of smiling at others releases endorphins or “happy chemicals” in our brain. It genuinely feels good to smile. Knowing how enhancing your smile can boost confidence and making the decision to do so can literally make you feel good every single time you decide to use that beautiful, new smile of yours.
If you decide to enhance your smile using cosmetic dentistry, there are several directions that you can take.
Cosmetic Dentistry that Can Enhance Your Smile
- Routine Dental Visits (maintaining good oral health is the first step to enhancing your smile)
- Teeth Whitening Services
- Smile Design
- Porcelain Veneers (Always make sure to look for a reputable dentist in your area. For example, if you live in Houston – you want the best veneers Houston has available, right? Not shotty work!)
- Porcelain Bridges (Have your dentist show you a denture model so you know exactly how everything will look in the end.)
- And more
I’m sure you have heard this before, but it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile, and I always say work smarter, not harder!
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.