Note: This article contains affiliate links (hyperlinks, widgets, or through images), which means I receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will add value to my readers. Visit my disclosure page for more information.
This post was created in partnership with Walton Wood Farm. I was not financially compensated for this post but did receive a sample for review purposes. As always, all opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Wanting to up your skincare game? As a busy wife or working mom, your hands are full of responsibilities. Juggling between kids, family, and your work commitments is hard. Sometimes you may feel there are not enough hours in a day. Despite this, you still need to find time for your health and pampering. And it is an absolute necessity to regain inner energy and zeal for the week ahead.
There are plenty of time-saving products and tips to help you take on your daily challenges while looking fresh and revitalized. Here are some beauty hacks and tips to refresh your skin in minutes.Finding time for yourself and the right skin care routine when you are a mom can be challenging. These tips can help!Click To Tweet
Washing Your Face Should Be First in Your Skincare Routine
Take out 10 minutes of your hectic day in the morning and night to wash your face. Cannabis-infused products are the natural answer to your skin cleansing needs. You can get variants from kush station online canada for better skin.
Skin Care Tips for Busy Moms #1
- Use a facial cleanser for your skin type (dry, oily, or combination skin) to remove dirt, makeup, and excess oil. You can also try cream-based cleansing milk, coconut oil, olive oil, or micellar water for cleansing your face and neck.
- Ice cubes are great for face cleansing in summers. Take some ice cubes from your freezer into a bowl and gently roll them on your face and neck to close skin pores.
- Rub an unpeeled cucumber piece or a tomato slice on your face in a circular motion for 15 minutes and wipe it with a cotton pad. It will help reduce oils and keep acne at bay.
Busy Moms Should Moisturize Everything
Moisturization is an all-year skincare routine, even for oily skin. You can pick a suitable moisturizer for your skin from cosmetic shops and drugstores.
Skin Care Tips for Busy Moms #2
- Dry skin moms should dab adequate moisturizer on the face, arms and legs.
- Women with oily skin should apply light and non-greasy moisturizer.
- Ladies with sensitive skin should avoid applying moisturizers with an excess of chemicals.
- Use moisturizing creams to calm skin redness.
- If you have combination skin, apply an oil-based moisturizer for your dry skin moments and a water-based moisturizer when normal.
- You can also consider mixing a few drops of skin-compatible essential oil (lavender oil, rosehip oil, almond oil) and carrier oil in your moisturizing cream to meet your skin hydration needs.
Use Walton Wood Farm Beauty & Personal Care Products
Walton Wood Farm makes high-quality, sustainable personal care products with clever names. All their products are made in small batches with natural ingredients.
Dear Mom Bath Bombs
These bath bombs provide a strong lavender scent helping you de-stress from life’s craziness. They are 100% natural and make a great addition to your bathtime routine!
Dear Mom Hand Rescue
Mom’s hands go through a lot, to say the least. This moisturizing hand cream is nice and thick with a lovely lavender vanilla scent.
Moisturizes great and doesn’t leave a nasty greasy residue behind!
Lip Emergency Rescue Kit
People often remember to moisturize their faces and even their bodies, but lips are often forgotten. It’s not until your lips are chapped and hurting that you remember.
Keep your lips hydrated with these four lip balms:
- Beach Babe: A pineapple flavor that reminds you of sipping Pina Coladas on the beach.
- “Me” Time: Hints of mint and lime peek their way through this mojito-inspired flavor.
- Week From Hell: A very light grapefruit & maple flavor to help you get through the most brutal week.
- Winter’s A Bear: This lip balm will have you thinking of Christmas with its yummy peppermint buttercream flavor.
Rural Roots Lip Balm
This lip balm can also keep your lips looking and feeling their best with its fresh rosemary & peppermint flavor.
It contains hemp seed oil which is excellent for the skin. Hemp seed oil not only hydrates but will also provide your lips with antioxidant properties!
What’s great about Walton Wood Farm is that all of their products make a great gift. Everyone can benefit from improving their skincare routine, right?
Plus, we know everyone will enjoy the clever names of all their products — they are just too darn cute!
Walton Wood farm even sells cute gift bags so you can pick and choose items to make the perfect customized gift. So, we know whoever you buy for will not only have a smile on their face but also healthy skin!
Start an Anti-Aging Skin Care Routine Early
Busy moms commonly face premature skin aging, wrinkles, and fine lines. Less sleeping causes eye puffiness and dullness.
Start your anti-aging routine in your early 30s and eat a healthy diet to minimize harmful effects.
Skin Care Tips for Busy Moms #3
- Include berries in your diet, especially blueberries. Antioxidants in berries help prevent harmful free radicals that can age your skin.
- Eat green vegetables, particularly beans. They contain minerals, vitamins, and nutrients and prevent skin from maturing too quickly.
- Indulge in dark chocolate. It is a delicious means to protect your skin from UV rays and aging.
- Wear sunglasses before stepping out in the sun to prevent face wrinkles.
- Before your morning shower, massage mustard oil or sesame oil on your body to get natural skin moisturization.
- Follow a physically active lifestyle to stay fit. Keep yourself active through regular walks and athletic activities like running, jogging, cycling, or pilates for a blood circulation boost.
Lifestyle Changes Should Be Added to Your Beauty Routine
Lifestyle ailments like obesity and depression are affecting many working women and homemakers. Spend some time on yourself, irrespective of your work deadlines and household chores, to maintain your body’s physical and mental strength.
Skin Care Tips for Busy Moms #4
- Strive to sleep for 7-8 hours a day. If need be, make up sleep by going for a power nap in the afternoon.
- Avoid eating oily and fried foods. They ruin your overall health by adding calories and unhealthy fats to your system and start gastrointestinal problems and acne breakouts.
- Drink eight glasses of water a day. Substitute high-calorie drinks with coconut water and citrus-infused drinks like lemonade for energy and refreshment.
- Give up your cheese and margarine for skin-friendly foods like fresh or dried fruits, pistachios, almonds, avocados, and salmon.
- Stop alcohol and smoking. They badly affect your mind and nerves, make your skin age faster and cause premature wrinkles and fine lines.
- Add natural remedies like aloe vera and turmeric to your skincare routine.
Environmental effects like pollution, noise, dust irritate the skin causing early wrinkles. However, changing your diet and exercise habits can minimize the harm.
Pamper your skin with a regular skincare routine to remain your youthful self. Go for natural things like air, water, sunshine, and a green environment to restore peace and joy in your life. Spend time with your pets, book-read, listen to music or take up a hobby to live happy moments.
What’s the most important part of your skincare routine?
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.