Want to discover how to dress sexier without going too risqué? Keep reading for tips and tricks on how to look hotter than ever!
Contrary to a common misconception, you do not have to wear revealing clothes to look or feel attractive. You can look fabulous even without showing too much skin with the right clothing pieces and styling techniques. The key lies in knowing how to play up your curves and highlight your best features with proper styling.
Perhaps you would like to exude a sexy and confident vibe while keeping your look polished and elegant. If so, read on. From selecting the best clothing items that highlight your assets to proper styling, here are six tips to help you look glam and fab even when you are covered up.Want to feel sexier in your clothes, but don't want to reveal too much skin? Here are some tips that can help!Click To Tweet
Wear Quality Leggings
Leggings are a staple in any woman’s closet as they are ultra-comfy, versatile, and flattering. Most of all, they are perfect for creating a streamlined and lovely silhouette without the need to use shapewear. Try pairing high-quality and form-fitting black leggings with a stylish off-white peplum top and black heels to exude the appearance of an hourglass figure and long legs.
Want a more casual vibe? Consider wearing a basic cropped tee with denim leggings and white sneakers. This laidback combo is not only comfortable but will also flatter your curves as the stretchy denim fabric will hug your lower body in all the right places.
It is worth pointing out that not all leggings are created equal. To buy leggings that work in your favor, look for quality pairs made of thick materials so you can dress them up and down more effortlessly. Opt for high-waist styles for better figure-hugging support and a more flattering effect.
As for color, black and other dark hues are your best bets as they make your legs appear slimmer and longer, plus they go well with practically all kinds of tops.
Use Colors to Your Advantage
Colors do more than increase the aesthetic value of your outfit. They also help draw attention to your beautiful curves—if you know how to use them properly. Here are different ways you can play with colors to create a curvier and lovelier body shape:
- Go monochromatic. Most women wear shorts or miniskirts to display their legs and make them appear elongated. But if you prefer not to expose too much skin, you can still create the illusion of a slimmer and taller figure by wearing a monochromatic outfit. Using a single color from top to bottom forms a seamless vertical line that lengthens your appearance and makes slightly bulky areas less noticeable.
- Use light shades to accentuate. Light colors, like white, yellow, and pastel hues, tend to draw attention. For this reason, you can use these shades to highlight the most attractive parts of your body. For instance, you can wear a pair of light-colored pants if you want to call attention to your shapely hips without wearing anything too short or form-fitting.
- Opt for dark hues to minimize. Black, navy blue, ash gray, and other dark colors make areas appear slimmer and less bulky. Opt for dark-colored pieces to conceal a slightly bloated tummy, heavy thighs, and other parts you want to conceal.
- Combine blocks of dark and light colors. Perhaps the best color strategy to create a lovely shape and showcase curves is wearing pieces strategically combining light and dark hues. This styling trick is called color blocking. For instance, you can wear a light-colored dress with dark-colored side panels that taper in the waist area to create the illusion of an hourglass figure.
Discover How to Dress Sexier by Using Clothing Details to Your Advantage
Say you have a pear-shaped figure. You can try wearing a blouse with ruffle details on the shoulder or bust areas to add volume to your upper body and balance the width of your hips.
Do you want to soften your shoulder area and make your lower body appear fuller? Ruffled skirts and bottoms are your best options. Below are more examples of clothing details that can show off your curves:
- Structured pleats for creating volume and highlighting curves
- Peplums for creating an illusion of a smaller waistline
- Jeweled or beaded necklines to draw attention to the upper body
- Large back pockets in jeans and pants for a fuller and more attractive behind
Invest in Clothes that Accentuate Your Curves
If you want to wear outfits that flatter your best features, you should fill your wardrobe with clothing pieces that fit well and are constructed to look good on all body types. These classic cuts have a timeless appeal so you can wear them for various occasions and through different seasons.
- Pencil skirt. This narrow, slim-fitting skirt with a hem that falls slightly below the knees can help you achieve a lovely feminine silhouette. Choose pieces with wider waistbands to avoid the appearance of love handles and for a sleeker, more polished look.
- A-line skirt. An A-line skirt looks like the letter A—fitted at the waist and flared at the hem. This “A-shape” can make your waist appear narrower and your hips fuller, especially when paired with a form-fitting top.
- High-waist skirts and pants. High-waisted skirts and pants are probably the most flattering cuts for bottoms because they tuck the tummy in and prevent the appearance of muffin tops. For best results, tuck your stylish top inside a high-waist skirt or pants to give the appearance of a smaller waist.
- Wrap dress. Besides being ultra-versatile and feminine, a gorgeous wrap dress is a must-have in any woman’s closet because it flatters all body sizes and shapes. It also helps to conceal areas you don’t want people to notice—especially the midsection. This dress type is very comfortable and can be dressed up or down with the right accessories like beaded necklaces that you can get from Puravida Bracelets.
Play with Prints and Patterns
Perhaps you love prints on your clothing. Or maybe you enjoy mixing and matching solid-colored clothes with patterns. Either way, you may want to choose designs that work well for showing off your beautiful curves.
Go for vertical stripes if you want to elongate your form or horizontal stripes to add volume and emphasize a particular area. For instance, you can wear a solid-colored body-hugging top paired with a skirt with horizontal lines to draw attention to your hips or make your lower body appear wider.
Apart from the type of pattern or design you choose, you should also consider the size of the featured elements. Larger prints provide a fuller silhouette and are more eye-catching. Conversely, smaller patterns and subtler designs, like tiny polka dots and thin stripes, offer a slimming effect and make heavier areas less evident.
Explore Curve-Highlighting Accessories
Aside from elevating your look from nice to glamorous, the right accessories can also help highlight specific body parts. You can wear a belt to emphasize your waistline or a pair of high heels to create a slender and longer silhouette.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with earrings, necklaces, scarves, and other accessories to find styles that work best with your figure and complement your outfits.
Final Thoughts on How to Dress Sexier
So, still wondering how to dress sexier? It’s all about confidence. Own your look and feel sexy in what you wear. With a little practice, you can turn heads and have people thinking about what you wear long after leaving the room.