Do you want to make money with printables? Over a third of Americans have a side hustle today, and the percentage of side hustlers earning more than $1500 a month from their project is increasing at a vertiginous rate. But what if you don’t have 10-15 hours a week to dedicate to a side hustle?
That’s where printables come in! Selling printables online requires minimal backend work and can yield whopping returns – plus, this side hustle gives you the chance to explore your creative power!
If you have been looking for a passive income source and a side project that does not eat into your free or family time, creating and selling printables online might be the ideal option for you. Get started with the guide below.Do you want to make money from home? Here's how you can create your own printables and sell them for a profit. Click To Tweet
Why You Should Make Money with Printables
We all use printables more than we realize. These digital products have been sneaking their way into many aspects of our daily lives, including personal financial planning, event organizing, and party customization.
Some examples of the most common types of printables include:
- Project and financial planners
- Calendar planners and trackers
- Diet, fitness, and meal planners
- Journals, checklists, worksheets, and spreadsheets
- Stickers, templates, and stationery
You can use printables to facilitate daily tasks, such as jotting down project ideas and writing to-do lists. After all, while laptop and smartphone note-taking is a popular option, over 75% of a recent survey’s respondents still prefer to take notes by hand.
Making selling printables online your side hustle also comes with a range of benefits, including:
- Anyone with a basic understanding of graphic and desktop design can get started
- There are plenty of free design tools that novices can successfully use
- Printables are highly customizable, but, online other digital products require minimal maintenance and updating
- Large marketplaces like Etsy and Shopify can provide visibility without having to invest in a marketing campaign
Ultimately, if your goal is to make money with printables and start a passive income stream, selling printables online is certainly an option to consider.
Pro Tip: Need to Tweak a PDF File? You Can Edit it Online
Selling printables online as a side hustle will only require a minimal initial investment. All you need is word processors, spreadsheets, and design tools like Canva, which are either free or highly affordable.
But don’t forget that one of the main advantages – and unique selling points – of printables is that they are entirely customizable. So, if there is something you shouldn’t skimp on is resources to learn how to edit pdf files and a premium PDF creator!
How To Create Printables: A Quick Start Guide
Being digital products, printables are designed as PDFs or image files (JPEG or PNG). Once created, they can be downloaded and printed by your customers over and over again – at a cost, of course!
Before diving into the steps of creating your own printables, make sure to brainstorm ideas and find a printable product that solves a specific customer problem. For example, your printables’ scope might help with party planning, meal prepping, or even IVF cycle tracking.
Once you have found your niche, you should:
- Develop a range of products – a single printable document might not be enough to boost your income. Consider expanding into creating a branded range.
- Start by sketching on paper – it can be hard to work with digital design tools if you don’t have a clear idea of what design you are looking to develop. Draw rough designs on paper to clarify what you wish your printables to look like.
- Decide on logos, colors, and patterns – on Etsy, there are over 345,107 results for “printable planner.” Make sure to set yours apart from the competition by choosing distinctive colors, patterns, textures, and styles.
- Use digital tools to design your printables – use free or affordable tools such as Canva to create your printables according to your desired measurements. Make sure to test-print all of your printables to make sure they will look just as good on paper.
Lastly, you will need to price your printables. While some premium calendars or planners can be as pricey as $75, most printables are found at a much lower price point. Analyze the market to find the right pricing strategy to make money with printables.
Selling Printables Online: What Are Your Options?
Today, selling printables online is easier than ever. If you already have a popular blog or website with a robust audience, you might consider selling printables through this channel. Alternatively, you can leverage marketplaces like Etsy, Shopify, or Fiverr.
Creating an online store might not give you as much control over your side hustle as having your own website, but it allows you to get started in no time.
You’ve got plenty of ideas for your printables, but you are unsure how to get started? Follow the steps above and start to make money with printables today!