Note: This article contains affiliate links (hyperlinks, widgets, or through images), which means I receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will add value to my readers. Visit my disclosure page for more information.
Let’s face it, we all wish our small business could be more efficient in one way or another. Gadgets that can clean the place for you, saving you time and tedious frustration? Yes, please!
Pretty much anyway and anywhere you can accomplish a task quicker, you should! It means you have more time to spend on mentally-demanding material, like brainstorming, innovating, and driving business growth.
Looking for a few strategies to get a boost in the productivity department? You’ve come to the right spot. We’re here to reveal the many different ways you can make your small business more efficient. Then watch the corresponding payoff as revenue starts to skyrocket!
Make Productivity Tools Your New Best Friend
Efficiency is all about getting more done in less time. Thankfully for you, there are a number of tools (both free and paid) that you can use as your time-crunching aid. The variety of productivity tools out there means you’re guaranteed to find something that will complement your business operations.
Take a look at some ideas on the list below:
- Project management – Assign tasks to specific people; upload files; organize workflow; control time collaboration; check time spent on tasks
- Calendar – Share schedules; optimizing your time each day; automatically invite/schedule meeting attendees; leverage analytics; integrate features
- Communication – Chat in teams; set up reminders; tag specific team members or highlight specific words; edit smartly and stylishly
- Time tracking – Instant overview of billable time; mobile functionality; offline time tracking; direct managerial reports
- Notetaking – Collect everything all in one place; real-time collaboration; make notes more accessible; add attachments, links, and audio recordings; scan and search for information from business cards; backup, sync, and share
- Email management – Prioritize email with smart filters; save attachments to the cloud; snooze less important emails with set reminders; make email inbox clutter-free; block off time for deeply focused work; have ultimate control over the timing of sent/received messages
- Distraction and focus – Block whatever sites and/or apps necessary for increased efficiency; limit social media usage; enable focus; sync across compatible platforms between Mac, Windows, iPhone, or iPad; plan out recurring daily or weekly productivity sessions; encourage better work habits
- Health – Improve work-life balance; receive reminders to stretch, drink water, stand up, etc.; promote healthy habits at the office
Save time (and Money!) on Customer Service Tasks with Automated Software
While the thought of communicating with robots versus humans is admittedly scary, you can consolidate your customer support operation with free helpdesk software.
Many programs offer benefits such as:
- Self-service portals
- Automated tasks
- Reduced hardware dependency
- Consolidated software platform
- Decreased advertising costs
- Indirect promotion
Get Paid in a Matter of Minutes
No one has time to sit around waiting on payments to process all day. That money could be in your account immediately, where it could then be applied to other endeavors to keep the ball rolling more efficiently.
If you’re tired of sitting on standby for your payments to post, check out Instapay. It allows you to free up cash flow for all your other business needs by depositing the money in your account in as little as 30 minutes.
Whether you have payroll coming up, need to cover an emergency expense, or just need a little cushion in your bank account, this payment system has you covered.
How does it work?
- Turn it on and off for future payouts
- Get pending transactions paid out instantly
- Get paid any day of the week
Shift Your Complexities
We’ve talked in length about the complex challenges faced by moms who start their own businesses, along with advice on how they simplify their life by shifting their dilemmas.
Some of these challenges included:
- Acquiring promotional skills
- Being disciplined
- Playing to your strengths
At the end of the day, if you want to improve your operational efficiency, you need to change your operational state of mind! Make micro-adjustments to your workflow and problem-solving skills and you’re bound to become both happier and more efficient at work.
What are your secrets to efficiency at work? We want to hear from you!
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.