This article contains affiliate links which means we receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Visit our disclosure page for more information.
Are you ready to start a new workout routine or kick your current routine up a notch? Any successful exercise regimen requires pre-workout planning, optimum nutrition, and proper recovery if you want to reach your goals. Here are some ways IV nutrition therapy can help you get the energy and motivation you need to take your fitness efforts to the next level!
What is IV Nutrition Therapy?
IV nutrition therapy (learn more on Ivconcierge.com) supplies essential vitamins, minerals, and other trace nutrients directly to the bloodstream intravenously. This process bypasses the digestive system altogether, ensuring that nutrients are absorbed completely. Because of this, it’s much more effective and efficient than taking supplements in pill form.
The functional medicine practitioner creates a personalized IV cocktail for each patient based on their health concerns and goals. Blood work can also be used to detect any nutritional deficiencies that may be affecting your overall health.
Even better, IV therapy works fast to restore depleted nutrients and replenish fluids to speed up recovery and get you back in the gym faster.
Energy and Motivation are Your Greatest Hurdles
Fatigue and lack of motivation are the biggest hurdles when it comes to taking your routine to the next level.
In addition, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, and other underlying health issues may be to blame.
Respiratory health, cardiovascular health, adrenal and thyroid imbalances, and even allergies and inflammation call all affect your energy levels and motivation. These issues can make fitness extremely challenging.
Here are some examples of how these issues can affect your fitness efforts:
- Thyroid Imbalances: Thyroid imbalances can cause extreme fatigue, making it difficult to perform everyday tasks, much less going to the gym.
- Respiratory issues: If you’re short of breath, working out is going to be tough. Our bodies need more oxygen when we exercise, so our lungs need to be working efficiently. If you’re dealing with lung disease or allergies, you may also have inflammation in the gut and throughout the body, making it even harder to work out.
- Poor Cardiovascular Health: Your heart is responsible for pumping blood to your vital organs and muscles. If it’s not healthy, working out will be extremely challenging.
- Adrenal Imbalance: When your adrenal gland isn’t functioning correctly, it leads to hormonal imbalances. If you do manage to work up the energy to work out, you’ll be exhausted afterward.
- Low testosterone levels: Both men and women can suffer from low testosterone levels, which causes an inability to focus, lack of endurance, low motivation, and slow workout recovery.
Functional medicine evaluates the core body systems and uses IV nutrition therapy and other targeted interventions (like herbal medicine and colon hydrotherapy) to correct these types of issues.
Once they’re addressed, most patients find that they have all the drive and energy they need to take their fitness to the next level.
Other Ways IV Nutrition Therapy Can Help Take Your Workouts to the Next Level
According to leaders in the IV drip therapy market, mobile IV therapy can also complement your current training routine and speed up your recovery time after intense exercise.
The benefits of IV therapy for athletes include:
- Reduced oxidative stress
- Faster cellular repair
- Improved endurance
- Fewer muscle cramps and spasms
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Reduced muscle soreness
- Metabolism support
- Immune system support
- Supports efficient energy consumption
- Assists with protein synthesis for faster muscle growth and repair
If you want to start working out or want to work out harder, but can’t seem to find the energy or motivation, don’t automatically blame yourself.
Functional medicine can help you determine if there’s an underlying health issue that may be compromising your energy levels.
And, IV nutrition therapy can address those issues and provide the nutritional support you need to take your fitness to the next level. Good luck!
Would you ever consider doing vitamin IV therapy?
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.