Note: This article contains affiliate links (hyperlinks, widgets, or through images), which means I receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will add value to my readers. Visit my disclosure page for more information.
If I were asked where’s the best workplace in the world to earn money, I’d answer “home” right away. You may ask why. Well, where else can you work without time restrictions? Do you know of a place more comfortable than your own bed or your personally chosen desk? Is there any workplace which allows you to chop vegetables and prepare lunch while waiting for the next client? Is there any workplace which provides an instant stress-reliever which can surpass the prowess of that sleeping toddler which you look after in between “working hours”? I bet not. Only in our homes.
One home-based earning means which I have discovered a few years ago, which can really be a great home job for moms is the Facebook Yardsale. Well, Facebook yard sales are pretty much the same as the usual yard sale that we usually have, the difference is that instead of having the sale in our yard, we can do the selling over Facebook.
The mechanism of Facebook Yardsale is that one would create a group and she would serve as that group’s administrator-in charge of approving membership requests. As an administrator you lay down the rules and keep everything in order.
In actual yard sales, items are usually put on display; on Facebook, photographs, specs, and item price are posted. If people are interested in what you sell, all they need to do is place a comment or message you. Since most yard sale groups usually include people who live in close proximity, items are usually picked up or delivered via meet-ups after agreements are made via the yard sale groups. That’s how simple things go with Facebook Yardsale.
So, if you are a home-based mom, who loves updating her Facebook page, then Facebook yard sale is simply tailored for you. While actual yard sales have been in existence, tested and proven for many years now, I guess it’s about time that we, home-based moms embrace a fresher, faster, and practical way of earning while at home.
Outlined here are some advantages of Facebook yard sale.
- There are a huge number of people hooked into Facebook, so I guess there is an advantage as to the number of people in the Facebook market which you could reach or advertise to. And this means a really good number of potential buyers for the products which you are selling via Facebook Yardsale.
- It’s easy to communicate with potential buyers as you can send them private messages, making negotiations more personal and highly specific. With Facebook, you need not leave home to meet clients. All you have to do is stay online and be alert for popping up messages and comments to stay updated with inquiries and sales.
- Group notifications allow all members of your group to be alerted whenever you post something new or an update has been made to your post which they are following. It’s like an instant, free advertisement.
- Studying the Facebook market trend is easy as you have a good access to all posts simply by being a member. This way you can easily look as to which products sell the fastest or get the most attention. Also, members of your Yardsale group can post items which they are looking for. If you are wise enough, you can buy these from other yardsale groups and resell them for a given profit.
- Listing items is absolutely free. You need not give a percentage of your earning to a web host or a website administrator. Everything you earn is yours. Plus, no taxes.
- There’s an added layer of security as deals are personally done, no credit card or money sending fraud hassles. However, since items are personally picked up or delivered, make sure that you also protect yourself. Meet with your clients in convenient and safe places for added security.
There’s no limit as to how a mom can earn while staying at home. Let’s always be resourceful and reinvent the knowledge we have for our own advantage.
The author is a home-based mom for 5 years now. She proudly says that she was able to help with the family’s finances through online selling.