If you have been considering moving to Thailand, you may have noticed during your research that the visa situation can become quite complicated. For example, unless you have a job lined up and expect to stay in that position permanently, remaining in the country can be difficult.
In this article, we’ll take a quick look at the various ways of remaining in Thailand permanently, with a specific focus on what we believe to be one of the better solutions; buying a business. Here’s everything you need to know.If you're considering a move to Thailand, buying a business could be the best decision you make. Click To Tweet
What type of visas are there for those who wish to remain in Thailand?
There are many different visa types in Thailand, each with its pros, cons, and unique requirements. Here’s a look at some of the visa types that allow long-term residence in Thailand:
- A tourist visa will only enable you to stay in the country for up to 6-months (with several extensions and visa runs requiring that you leave the country).
- A non-immigrant visa will only be valid if you are employed and have a work permit.
- The type of work available to foreigners is very limited (which can make finding suitable and satisfying employment in Thailand a nuisance).
- Education visas are OK for those who wish to remain in Thailand for a year or two (though legally speaking, you are not allowed to work on such a visa).
- Retirement visas are ideal for those who are over the age of 50 and have a sizeable enough pension to support them.
- Marriage visas are great if you are in a healthy and loving relationship with a Thai national.
So, if none of the above appeal or apply to you, what can you do to make moving to Thailand a permanent thing? You have two other options:
- Invest a sizeable amount of money in property (a great long-term visa for those who have hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars in savings and are happy to invest for the sake of remaining in Thailand permanently).
- Starting/buying an existing business in Thailand.
The benefits of buying an existing business in Thailand
When buying an existing business in Thailand, you will be able to get a non-immigrant b (business) visa. So long as your business remains afloat and you are employing a certain number of Thai staff, you will be able to remain in the country permanently.
By buying a business, you can:
- Take control of your earnings.
- Grow a successful business and make a comfortable living.
- Tap into a receptive, growing economy.
- Enjoy proactive policies.
- You can employ a large and cost-efficient workforce when moving to Thailand.
- Benefit from excellent corporate governance.
Rather than having to be an employee in a job or industry that might not suit you, you can instead run a business of your own. This is arguably one of the best ways to remain in Thailand permanently.
Just remember that when you look for a business for sale in Thailand, make sure you take your time, do your due diligence, and hire the proper legal representation. And, of course, you’ll need to adopt the right business owner strategies if you are to succeed in a foreign marketplace.
Final Thoughts on Moving to Thailand and Buying a Business
If you're thinking of moving to Thailand, buying a business is a great way to get started. There are many benefits to buying a business in Thailand, such as the low cost of living and doing business, the relaxed lifestyle, and the friendly people. So if you're thinking of making the move overseas, consider buying a business in Thailand – it may be just what you're looking for!
Leave a Reply