Everyone in my house LOVES Oreos. I mean who doesn't!? It's a kid staple that is passed down from generation to generation. On the other hand, cheesecake is more of an acquired taste. I personally love everything about classic cheesecake. The taste. The texture. How rich and delicious it is. It's one of my favorite desserts but sadly I've always had a hard time making it from scratch. It never turns out as good as restaurants for some reason so I never make it.
Now cheesecake frosting is something I can handle especially with my handy mixing bowl and 3 Piece Heat Resistant Silicone Spatula Set.
Not only did these well-made, stylish spatulas help with folding in toppings, scraping bowls and deicing my beaters as you would expect. Since they are heat resistant they also helped me remove cupcakes from a hot tin without any issues. I love that they can be tossed in the dishwasher at the end of the day too.
Dry cupcakes are just plain awful but thanks to the pudding and sour cream you won't believe just how moist these cupcakes are. To be honest I am not even a fan of chocolate cakes but the moistness of these cupcakes not to mention the amazingness of the cheesecake frosting makes all the difference. Throw in some Oreos and you have a true winner that the whole family will love.
I personally love these cupcakes slightly frozen. To freeze, place cupcakes in the freezer for an hour or until frosting is frozen. Once the frosting is frozen individually wrap each cupcake in plastic wrap and store in a hard container in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat one just grab it from the freezer, unwrap, and let sit for 10-15 minutes before digging in. SO good!
Triple Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes with Cheesecake Frosting
- 1 box triple chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 5.1oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- 10 Oreos + extra for garnish crushed
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 8 oz cool whip thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, and water. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and crushed Oreos.
- Spoon batter into lined cupcake tins filling about 2/3 of each cup. Bake 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla together until fluffy. Slowly add in sugar while continuing to beat the mixture. Add in cool whip and continue to beat on low until smooth. Cool frosting in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a piping bag, frost the cupcakes and top with crushed Oreos. Enjoy!
Do you like cheesecake?
These look delicious! Love it!