Looking to make a Minecraft valentine box and Minecraft valentines? Don't worry. We got you!
For the past couple of weeks, we have been contemplating what themed Valentine's the kids would have this year. Not surprisingly my oldest chose Minecraft again. He's not really big into character themes but this still managed to catch his eye (even though he said “Minecraft is so last year!” LOL). Kids.
Anyway, since we had a theme pinned down I searched the internet for ideas. Anytime I found one I thought was good I'd show him and he'd yay or nay it. We came across Easy Green Mom's Easy Minecraft Creeper and we were in love.
The whole project is printable which is great considering I am far from an artist. This will also make a great gift guide theme for kids who love Minecraft. Let's get to it!
Supplies for Minecraft Valentines Box
- printer paper
- tape (double-sided and regular)
- card stock
- paper chopper (optional)
Directions for Creeper Valentine's Day Box
- Tape up your box. My box measured 7 inches wide by 10 inches tall. It was a box shipped from My M&M’s.
- Print out the Creeper Mask made by stlMotherhood and cut off all white edges. Center the Creeper face on one side of the box and then just go around connecting the edges of the paper together with tape. I used double-sided tape to hold down the paper when going around corners since I only have so many hands. This Creeper mask fit my box perfectly without having to print any extra sheets!
- So the sides of the box weren't so plain we printed out HaleGrafx's free printable Minecraft Valentines. I stuck one on each side and then cut out the heart to give the Creeper's head some Valentine's Day flare.
- For the actual Minecraft Valentines I printed out the wrappers and cards from Simple As That. Let me tell you finding this kind of gum nowadays is pretty hard. Your regular ole grocery or drug store probably won't have it. I looked. The best place to get this type of gum is a discount store. I found mine at Big Lots.
- Print out the Minecraft Creeper gum wrappers on regular paper.
- Using a combo of regular and double-sided tape fit the wrapper around each gum package.
- Using card stock print out the Minecraft Valentines and attach the Creeper gum to it with double-sided tape.
In the end, you will have an
adorable super cool Minecraft themed Valentine's Day – all ready to receive other Valentine's Day treats! Easy enough for most children to do it themselves. They just might need some help cutting and printing but otherwise, they should be good to go.
For my niece, this would be fabulous! She has been very into Minecraft for as long as I can remember! Thanks for sharing!
Home Jobs By Mom
I’m so glad to hear your niece would love this Minecraft valentine’s day idea!
My nephews would love this! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Thanks!! Gotta love Minecraft 🙂