Weight gain affects most of us at some point in our lives and for women, the problem becomes more prominent after pregnancy, especially in the belly. If you are suffering from the same problem after your child’s birth, get back into your previous shape by practicing some simple exercises.
Standing Forward Bend
Perform this exercise in the following way
- Stand straight keeping the spine erect and relaxing the hands at either side of your body
- Lift the hands up and bend forward while pulling the hands as well
- Now place both of the hands under the feet and hold as long as you can
The last step of the exercise is definitely the most challenging part of it but this very step helps you to get the most benefit from the exercise.
Seated Forward Bend
To practice this exercise
- Sit on the ground stretching the legs and spine erect
- Now stretching the hands, start to bend the body forward and hold the toes with the hands
- Hold the position as well as you can
You can also practice this exercise alternating the legs if you are feeling too much pressure in the belly.
Raised Foot Pose
Practice this exercise in the following way-
- Lie down straight on the ground placing the hands on either side of the body
- Let your palms touch the ground and lift up the legs slowly to make a 90-degree angle with the waist
- Don’t let your legs get separated and hold the position as long as you can
Maintain the following steps to perform this exercise
- Lie down on your stomach folding the arms to the side of your shoulders
- Try to lift up the body up to the chest with the support of the palms
- Look straight and don’t fold the legs
- Hold as long as you can and keep normal breathing
This easy-to-perform exercise will bring you great results you if work at it. Performing these exercises daily will help you get your body back and let you enjoy motherhood even more. And most importantly, you can perform all of these exercises without using any equipment!
What has helped flatten your tummy?
Kathy Kenny Ngo
Nice. Great tips! I have a friend looking for simple exercises. This might help.
I do have a little pooch. Most days I don’t care, every once in awhile I think I’d like to get it to go.
oh, I have more than a pooch. I need to get on these asap. Thanks for the tips and routines.
Awesome! I have to those exercises but I’m too weak hahaha. Nice job!
It’s important to keep exercising even after you have kids because it keeps your body active, which means you can keep up with the kids more! I love these simple exercises, they’re perfect for exercising at home!
I was just thinking about making exercise again, these are great tips!