This article contains affiliate links which means we receive compensation if you purchase a product through them. Visit our disclosure page for more information.
Gummy bears have been one of my favorite types of candies since childhood. I mean who can resist these fruit flavored gummies!?! They are a classic. Red is typically my favorite flavor while white is the least in most brands. I lean toward berry type flavors that’s why when I decided to make my Swimming Bears Summer Drink for Kids I used strawberry gelatin and berry blue drink mix. Let me tell you it hit that tangy, sweet spot perfectly!
To make my gummy bears I used a Gummy Bear Mold Kit. It came with two silicone molds, measuring spoons, and two eye droppers.
The set worked just as expected. Before squeezing the gelatin mixture into the gummy bear molds I lightly sprayed it with cooking spray. It did the trick because each bear came out flawlessly from this mold! I can’t wait to see what other candies I can make bear shaped.
Summertime is almost over but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a festive drink. This drink is fun yet super simple to make. It’s a clear soda topped with flavored gummies and a blue sanding sugar rim.
You can totally use store bought gummy bears if you are feeling a bit lazier or have your kids nipping at your heels. These homemade gummy bears have a different texture than store bought gummies. It’s almost like a harder gelatin jiggler texture. Different but good!
Eventually as the gummy bears sit their amazing flavor lightly lingers through the soda. It tastes amazing!
Swimming Bears Summer Drink for Kids
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 3 oz boxes of flavored gelatin any flavor
- 1 cup water
- 1 package drink mix any flavor
- blue sanding sugar
- umbrella straw optional
- clear soda
- gummy bear molds or store bought gummy bears; skip to step 3
- Mix together both gelatins and drink mix. Place water in small pot and bring to a boil. Pour dry mixture into pot. Stir until dissolved.
- Using an eye dropper, fill gummy bear molds with mixture. Refrigerate until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- Dip the rim of a tall glass in water then in the sanding sugar. Repeatedly twirl in sanding sugar if necessary. Fill glass all the way to the top with ice and slowly pour in soda. Add gummy bears and a fun straw. Pretend it's summer all year!
What’s your favorite summer drink?
Krystle Cook – the creator of Home Jobs by MOM – put her psychology degree on a shelf and dived into a pile of diapers and dishes instead. She is a wife and mother to two rambunctious boys, sweating it out in her Texas hometown. She loves cooking, DIY home projects, and family fun activities.