I find it a little funny how cutting pretty much any kind of food into a heart makes it a Valentines Day food. Heart shaped foods are all over Pinterest right now. Well, since I already gave into the heart phenomenon with my Valentines Day Pretzel Brownie Bites recipe this time I decided to just go with Valentines Day colors. Pink, red, and white just scream Valentines day don't you think?
I took Averie Sunshine's delicious impromptu Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars recipe and added Valentines Day M&Ms. Let me tell you this recipe rocks just the way it is so all I changed was the color of M&Ms and added a few more cookies and candies. Everyone in my household LOVED these bars!
I love that this recipe is so versatile depending on what you may have in your pantry. You could change the candy and/or cookie type and come up with a whole new delicious creation. YUM!
Valentines Oreo Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 20 oreo cookies
- 3/4 cup red, pink, white M&M candies
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray cooking spray in a 9X9 glass baking pan.
- In a decent size glass bowl melt the butter in the microwave for about a minute. Let cool for a couple minutes.
- Whisk in the egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add in the flour and combine. Coarsely crush Oreos in ziplock bag and stir into batter.
- Pour batter into baking pan, smoothing it with a spatula. Evenly sprinkle M&Ms onto the batter until very little batter is showing. Press them down lightly.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the batter comes out clean. Let bars cool almost completely before cutting. Enjoy!