Not that long ago I have the pleasure of dining at a Vietnamese-French restaurant. They make homemade sandwiches, soups, and pastries. Even their own mayonnaise and dressings. It was divine! As we were leaving my friend insisted I try their coffee. And I am so happy I did! I loved it!!
She gave me a mini history lesson, telling me how coffee was introduced into Vietnam by a French Catholic priest and I was intrigued. So for my birthday she gave me some goodies including a jar of Café du Monde so I could make this yummy concoction at home.
To make my Vietnamese Coffee I used a Vislep Coffee Dripper. It's made of kitchen grade stainless steel, is dishwasher safe, and gives you a perfect brew every time.
This coffee dripper is extremely portable, unlike its bulky counterparts. It allows the perfect brew to pass through its mesh but no unwanted coffee grounds.
It left me with a bold but not bitter perfect coffee taste. The chicory blended with condensed milk gives you a rich, smooth texture that is mellow. My favorite coffee attributes all in one cup! Just as good as my homemade Iced Cold Brew Caramel Macchiato!!
Vietnamese Coffee Recipe
- 1 tbsp Cafe Du Monde French Roast Chicory Coffee medium coarse ground
- 2 tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Coffee Dripper
- 1 cup boiling water
- Put condensed milk into mug or glass and place coffee dripper on top.
- Add 1 tbsp of Cafe Du Monde French Roast Chicory Coffee to the coffee dripper. Wet grounds with a tad of boiling water. Let sit for one minute.
- Pour the rest of the water into coffee dripper and allow to slowly pass through it.
- Stir well and enjoy!